- Our Work
- Sponsor a Child
- Ways to give
- Get Involved
- About Us
- Our Partners
- Partners with churches to enhance the holistic well being of children, families and communities.
- Seeks advocacy alliances with churches on matters of common concern giving particular attention to issues relating to children and the promotion of justice.
- Invites church leaders from various traditions to come together for reflection and collaboration in order to nurture holistic ministry, encourage Christian unity and contribute to their capacity to minister effectively.
- Nurtures relationships with churches at local, national, regional and global levels.
World Vision is offering a training course to give light to “holistic ministries”- what it is, what it is about and how to practice “holism”. This course examines the nature and causes of poverty, and the need for transformational development in addressing them.
This is based on Bryant Myers’ book, Walking with the Poor, which discusses principles and practices of TD.
The goals of the course are:
(1) To develop a mind that sees the problems and issues people in our community face and develop a discernment on what God wants done through us;
(2) To understand the real issues of poverty and how to address them;
(3) To gain a heart of Christlike compassion for the poor; and
(4) To develop skills that can be instruments of transformational development.
The participants may request to get an opportunity to visit a poor community to better understand TD in action.
blog comments powered by Disqus